The PIER Research Network (PRN) brings together Thai economists in academia, government, and the private sector who are actively engaged in undertaking and disseminating unbiased high quality economic research. It aims to promote the production as well as application of economic research to address important social and public policy issues. Through various activities, including conferences and workshops, PRN endeavors to promote peer-review, collaboration and interaction among researchers, as well as between researchers and practitioners.
Role of PRN Members
- Members actively contribute towards setting the overall direction of the network with a view to strengthening and expanding the membership over time.
- Members are expected to be highly engaged in the research life of the network. They regularly participate in and serve as program committee members of conferences, workshops, and seminars organized by the network. They may also propose and hold research workshops with the support of PIER.
- Members actively promote and contribute their work to PIER Discussion Papers and aBRIDGEd to stimulate discussion among other PRN members and the general public. Members also help to review works submitted by other scholars.
- PIER endeavors to support members in connecting with policy issues, policymakers, and data through facilitating research collaboration with staff of the Bank of Thailand and other public policy institutions. To this end, members are invited to make frequent use of PIER’s Visiting Fellows Program.
- Members are encouraged to make use of the network to circulate information such as seminars, calls for papers, grants, and vacancies as well as to solicit input useful to their work.